As the temperature is going down, the layers are thicker because Fall is here! This season is called “sweater weather” but that doesn’t mean you can’t show your curves with style, or that the item to wear is a sweater. The key to being in style during Fall is layering with essential pieces in the right fabrics for keeping you warm but also looking good.
Awesome Items you can Find in our Store
- A well-designed coat, to protect you from the cold weather and durable enough to stay with you until next season. It can be neutral (classic camel or black) or bright (jewel tones), depending on your personality.
- A good pair of boots in a material that makes you feel comfortable is always a must. You could choose a pair of rubber boots for rainy days or leather for windy days.
- A cute scarf, to give a distinctive touch to simple outfits, like a pair of jeans and a buttoned-up shirt. Prints always look good in scarves and make your outfit more interesting.
- A cozy cardigan, to keep you warm without your coat (remember we said layering, right?).
- A full midi skirt or dress, to create a flattering silhouette those days you don’t want to wear pants or a dress.
Modernize your Outfit by Picking the Latest Trends in Colours
According to the Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report Fall/Winter 2018, the shades for this season are bold and non-traditional, the kind of hues that can make any outfit stand like Red Pear, Russet Orange, Ultra Violet or Crocus Petal. Our editor’s selection includes the most seen shades in the recent fashion events at Paris and NYC (Street Style Inspo):
- Valiant Poppy: mostly seen in ankle boots and “it” bags.
- Ceylon Yellow: mostly seen on jackets or full skirts.
- Nebulas Blue: mostly seen on trousers and coats.
- Martini Olive: mostly seen on parkas, light coats, and skirts.
- Quetzal Green: mostly seen on edgy bombers or classic blazers.
Also, in this excellent report you can find a classic selection of colors like Beige, Brown, Grey or Navy Blue, by the way with other particular names, (we seriously wonder who is in charge of color names at Pantone), timeless shades that remain in the best-dressed closets despite the trends.
Check out The Latest Trends Fabrics
When it’s about fabrics or textures, there is a wide variety that never goes out of style, but our selection is focused on the most outstanding this year, featuring:
- Velvet: creates a high-style look and add texture to your outfit.
- Sequins: big or small they make a statement. It could be in the cuffs of your shirt or all over a dress, but you should add a piece with this shiny material.
- Sheer: ideal to be a subtle overlay for a dress, it creates fluency while you walk.
- Fringe: creates movement and depth, just imagine a lovely scarf with that detail at the endings, or on a pencil skirt.
Even though we enjoy Fall every year, it is excellent to revamp your image and also define more and more your style, balancing comfort, classiness, and coolness with every piece of your ensemble.
Too Long Didn’t Read (TLDR)
Checking out the latest trends in fabrics and colours, as well as selecting some basic seasonal items to dress this Fall!
Contact us today or join our newsletter!
Visit Full Figure Fashions, in our Calgary plus size store you can find a vast variety of plus size women’s clothing both new lines and consignment items in all sizes 14+